How Chiropractic Care Can Improve Mental Health
by Logan Riesterer
What Can Going to the Chiropractor Do For You?
Chiropractors don’t just help with those physical aches and pains! Research shows that some chiropractic methods can also heal your mind. If you think about it, you’re much more likely to feel better mentally when you also feel well physically. Read on below for some facts about what visiting the chiropractor can do for you!
- It can help your depression.
- In one 2005 study, researchers found a clear link between one particular chiropractic technique and the reduction of depressive symptoms.
- It might treat ADHD in children.
- A 2010 article examined several case studies of children with ADHD who underwent chiropractic care and found reported improvements in behavior.
- It can reduce stress.
- Stress is well known to be one of the factors that can make mental health issues worse and decrease quality of life. In a 2000 study, participants who self-reported as being under a lot of stress reported some improvement through chiropractic methods.
But how does chiropractic do all of this?
While the methods differ depending on the chiropractor, patient, and reported symptoms, chiropractors generally believe that spinal misalignments can cause nerve issues, with the nervous system being the basis of many mental disorders. Researchers continue to study this area, but if you'd like to learn more, click here!