Who decided that a cry for help is a bad thing? When someone talks about self harm or suicide, that is them trying to get attention. And we need to give them our undivided attention so that they can be heard and get the support they need.
WHAT IS NOSTIGMAS?
NoStigmas is a network of individuals, organizations and health care advocates working together toward community, support and equality. We’re a vehicle for you to share your story, explore your wellness plan, organize meaningful events and create awareness that prevents suicide. The support program includes a learning center, resource directory and peer group.
So, why get involved? Because we believe change starts with the individual. You get to help create a world with NoStigmas!
NOSTIGMAS CORE VALUES
- We all have a responsibility for our own mental health.
- A person is not defined by their diagnosis and should be treated as an individual.
- No one should feel alone in their mental health journey.
- It’s important to speak up when you need support or see someone who does.
- It’s essential to use non-stigmatizing, respectful language when communicating about mental illness and suicide.
- Everyone deserves equal access to the care they need.
The NoStigmas Network is a place for you to be yourself and connect with like minded individuals about what mental health it’s really like. No matter where you’re at, there’s a spot for you here!
By connecting to The NoStigmas Network, you can learn how to communicate about mental health, find support, share your voice, find local activities and participate in global activism.
This is a network of compassionate, educated and inspired individuals that share the goal of eliminating stigmas about mental health. By becoming a part of our community, you agree to uphold our core goals which include personal responsibility, community and advocacy. We believe that anyone can find a way to include these values in their everyday life, and create a ripple effect that brings awareness to mental illness and prevents suicide.