Did they really just say that? Tish drops some truth about suicide and coffee shop talk!
"The barista forgetting the whip on your pumpkin spice latte is not a reason to talk about killing yourself. When suicide gets trivialized it makes it harder for people to take it seriously.. and nobody really needs the whip anyway."
**If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact emergency services or the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You can also live chat right now: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline....
FIND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT AT NOSTIGMAS.ORG
We Offer Support in 3 Ways:
- Online group to connect with peers like you
- Access to a directory of free & affordable resources
- Informational and self-help articles & videos
NoStigmas does not offer crisis or counseling services. Our program is not a substitute for professional healthcare.
1. NOSTIGMAS PEER GROUP
No one should face mental illness or suicidal loss alone. Join the NoStigmas Peer Group and connect with trusted allies who have been there.
2. RESOURCE DIRECTORY
Search our database of mental health resources focused on no-cost services accessible to anyone. We continually add new resources to help you find support.
3. LEARNING CENTER
Mental illness can be confusing for you and your loved ones. Find answers to common question about mental health, treatment tools, and general wellness information.
WHO SHOULD SEEK SUPPORT?
Those who have support tend to live more fulfilling lives and are less likely to die by suicide. Here are some people who may benefit from NoStigmas support programs:
- People who are uninsured or have limited access to traditional healthcare
- Those living with a mental illness, substance use disorder, post-traumatic stress (PTSD), self-harm and anxiety disorders
- Suicide survivors and caretakers of those in need of support
- The LGBTQ, minority communities, military and veterans